Are you looking to clean your windows? But what about the window coverings? The blinds need proper cleaning for a fresh look and clean atmosphere. Blinds are called the best window treatment and are of great function.
Venetian blinds aid in blocking the light and also keep the room clean and provide privacy. That is the reason you must know how to clean these blinds. There are some ways to clean Venetian blinds mentioned below.
You need to gather all the cleaning supplies to work on the blinds is your initial step and you need the following:
- Liquid dishwasher
- Lukewarm water
- Vacuum cleaning with attached soft brushes
- Cloth pieces, preferably microfiber
- Baking soda
Let’s start with completely closing the blinds and avoiding any overlapping of the slates because the material of the blind is aluminum or vinyl.
Now you must hold these blinds from the bottom to stabilize them.
Take a cloth to wipe them. First, wipe down the edges so that the dust gets exposed to be easily vacuumed.
Now flip these Venetian blinds to the other side and start cleaning the process with the cloth and vacuum again.
You must use the cloth damped with warm water to clean the slates If simple cleaning is not looking clean enough.
Do this process carefully if your Venetian blinds are made of wood and also avoid making them too wet.
Process of deep cleaning
It is preferred to lightly clean these blinds every day to delay the deep cleaning phase. But deep cleaning will be necessary because dust accumulates in some hard-to-reach places that can only be cleaned by this process. Let’s have a look over this deep cleaning process.
How to clean these blinds in the bathtub?
- The ideal place to clean these blinds is the
- Take down the Venetian blinds.
- Cover the edges with a towel to avoid any scratches.
- Fill the tub with enough water and add any cleaning solution of your choice to it.
- For 2 hours, let these blinds get soaked into it.
- Use a soft brush to scrub off the grease and dirt on the hard ends.
- Now clean these blinds properly.
- Dip these blinds into clean water and rinse them in the shower to clean off dirt.
How to clean these blinds outdoor
- You can also take them outdoors if the bathtub is not accommodating your Venetian blinds.
- Now hang them or take them out on the driveway.
- To protect these blinds, you need to place it up on a sheet or a blanket and make sure no extra dirt is added.
- Must use a soft brush, an appropriate cleaning solution and warm water for the blinds and scrub them gently.
- Scrubbing and then rinsing with clean water.
- You must rinse multiple times with clean water to clear all the dirt and cleaning solution from the blind.
- After cleaning hang them in a space where no new dirt can be accumulated to it. Let it dry, then hang in its place again.