Work permits called the Singapore Personalized Employment Pass (more generally referred to as the PEP) are given to those who have excelled in their careers solely on the basis of merit.
Because the PEP is not restricted to a single employer, its bearer has the freedom and flexibility to explore new opportunities without having to reapply for the permit at each new company. As a PEP holder, you may stay in Singapore for up to six months between jobs in order to see whether there are any opportunities in Singapore for your future. The Ministry of Manpower in Singapore is responsible for the Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) problem (MOM).
Are there any restrictions on who may apply for a Personalised Employment Visa?
A customized work permit for Singaporeans
- Personalized Employment Pass (PEP) applications are only accepted if all of these prerequisites are met.
- You must have a monthly income of at least $12,000 USD in order to be eligible for an Employment Pass.
- You’re a foreign professional working in another country on a salary of at least $18,000 per month. Ideally, you should have received your most recent source of income within the last six months previous to completing your application.
- You will not be eligible for a personalized Employment Pass if you fall into one of the following categories.
- An employee who was sponsored by the government to get an Employment Pass.
A director who is also an investor in the company they represent
- You might be a sole owner, a partner, or a director and shareholder in addition to a shareholder in an ACRA-registered company.
- Working independently as a freelancer or as a foreign national
- One may find instances of professionals in the media sector such as journalists, editors, sub-editors, and producers.
Affirmation of the PPSA and the PEPO as well as their respective collections
The Ministry of the Interior (MOM) will email you an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter after your PEP application has been approved. Work Pass Division of the Ministry of Labor need the IPA letter before issuing a PEP.When an IPA letter is issued, it is valid for six months from that date.
You will need to provide the following papers in order to get your PEP:
- Please find attached a copy of the letter from the IPA.
- A passport-sized photo taken within the last year is allowed.
- The original passport, as well as the entry and boarding cards, are needed for entry and departure.
Medical examination report (if the In-Principle Approval states that you require one)
Any further paperwork requested by the IPA letter may be found here. Depending on where you live, you may have a medical examination done in your native country or in Singapore. Singaporean clinics are often able to finish medical examinations and provide results within a few days.
Singapore requires visas for visitors
Your IPA letter will include a one-time entry visa for Singapore if you are travelling from another country and need an entry visa. We will arrange for you to get your fingerprints taken at the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) when you arrive in Singapore. Passes are typically ready for pick up within 4 business days after the end of the processing cycle.