Chinese ladies typically get help from a ‘pei yue‘, a lady servant who may assist during the postnatal period. As the name implies, ‘pei yue‘ services are primarily necessary during the first month following childbirth. It is not easy to go from being a single lady to being a mother. This might be considered a difficult moment for new mothers. As a result, a confinement nanny is required.
A confinement nanny is someone who cares for the mother and her infant. Some new moms have experienced parents or in-laws to assist them throughout the confinement time. However, some moms still require the assistance of a confinement nanny. Mothers can also select a day confinement nanny or a stay-in confinement nanny.
What are the responsibilities of a confinement nanny?
The confinement nanny is responsible for confinement cooking, laundry for the mother and infant, general baby care, and assisting the mother with her baby. In brief, her role is to help the mother get through this recovery stage while also ensuring the environment is favourable for rest and relaxation. In addition, because the fundamental objective of the confinement nanny is to assist the mother in recovery, she is also obligated to care for the other children in the family to ensure that the setting is appropriate for postnatal recovery.
What Should You Look For in a Confinement Nanny?
Confinement nannies provide a haven for mothers to recover. To help with your search, it would be good to go over any confinement nanny review you can find, be it offline or online. Other than that, she should have the following attributes to be effective in her role:
- A liking for infants and children – her primary task is to care for the baby, and fondness is necessary to guarantee that she enjoys what she has to do for you. If the nanny enjoys working with children, she will most likely stay in the position for a long time.
- Patience – Newborn newborns may be unexpected and demanding. As a result, patience is an essential quality in a confinement nanny.
- Caring and loving – confinement nannies should treat your kid as if they were their own, offering care and the love and nurturing that a newborn needs.
Getting Used to Confinement Nannies
During the transition stage, you should keep the following points in mind:
- Not all nannies can communicate in English. The majority of them communicate in their original language. Before hiring her, you should chat with her over the phone or visit her to find out how well she speaks in English.
- There are instances when you may have some alone time. For example, allow your nanny to care for the infant while you rest or catch up with friends.
- Confinement nannies are often conventional in their methods of care. For instance, if your kid isn’t suffering any severe problems after delivery, you may let the nanny do certain things her way.